08 December 2009

100 Words

I accepted a challenge from a friend, write a story in 100 words or less. Here is my submission:

Born.

So many photos.

Real or created memories?

A barn with basketball hoops.

A dirt road.

A wood truck.

Forts and clouds.

A black mustang.

Aunts.

Uncles.

Sisters.

Cousins.

Softball.

Basketball.

Death.

Books.

Writing.

A line in the dirt, born from my toe stopping the swing the first time I didn't jump. I wasn't afraid of falling when I landed; I was afraid of what people would say if I fell.

Middle school.

The cruelty of girls.

High school.

The cruelty of "popular" people.

College.

The mystery of fate.

Career.

Children.

Love.

Nostalgia.

Regret.

Wonder.

Gratitude.

Fear.

What if?

Birth....

4 comments:

flutter said...

gorgeous

S said...

unique, and lovely.

B Hockey J said...

Love that, among so many abstractions, you include a detailed image of the line in the dirt. Well done.

And thanks so much again for the FB hello. Made my might.

~bhj

Manic Mommy said...

Over from Sarah's. I took the challenge too! I love your interpretation.