04 June 2007

Seven Things

I've been tagged by PDX Mama to list seven things about me....while I appreciate the nod, I apologize in advance for the lameness. I also promise to post something different within twenty four hours, something of more interest, perhaps a picture of a fourteen year old black dog with white stripes of primer painted on her.

1.) I love music. The problem is that the music that I love is mostly comprised of what many might classify as "bad" music. Anything from the 80's--bring it on. Some of my "signature songs" that you'll find on almost any cd I burn for people:

  • "Joey" (Favorite line: "And if you're somewhere drunk and passed out on the floor, Joey, I'm not angry anymore")

  • "Mandy" Yes, that "Mandy" (Favorite line: The entire song, with the volume maxed out)

  • "Elderly Woman in a Small Town" (Favorite line: "I just want to scream, 'hello', my God it's been so long, never dreamed you'd return")

  • "Anna Begins" (Favorite line: ""If it's love," she said, "then we're going to have to think about the consequences." She can't stop shaking I can't stop touching her and... This time when kindness falls like rain It washes her away and Anna begins to change her mind "These seconds when I'm shaking leave me shuddering for days," she says And I'm not ready for this sort of thing")

2.) I taught myself how to French braid using a doll and directions from Lady's Home Journal when I was ten.

3.) I cannot look at a piece of meat without thinking of the animal that once was. I wish that I were built differently most of the time, because sometimes, I really, really crave steak, or grilled chicken, or salmon, but I just cannot bring myself to eat it.

4.) Someone once convinced me that it was not Eddie Vedder on stage prior to a concert and talked me into not going up there to chat. She knows that I will inscribe this on her tombstone if she leaves this earth before me. However, I did once convince her that her ankle was not broken and insisted that if she just continued to drink more, she'd feel fine.
My bad.

5.) I love sports. Love to play, love to watch, love to read about them.

6.) Fall is my favorite season. The smell of the leaves, the temperature of the days, the way the Queens laugh when they are playing in leaves. Those are perfect days to me.

7.) At the end of each day, I still say my prayers, no matter where I am or who I'm with.


15 comments:

Christine said...

First of all this is NOT lame!

Second, the song Mandy rocks.

Third, fall is a great season.

But i still want to see that poor dog!

Anonymous said...

What a terrible friend, not letting you meet Eddie Veder like that. I mean, it's not like you would have actually MADE IT TO THE STAGE and had a conversation with him, of course, but still...

She probably also stole your Verve Pipe cassette and sang The Freshman at the top of her lungs all the way home.

Anonymous said...

P.S. My ankle wasn't broken, only a sprain. But thanks for your concern.

Becc said...

Hey! Who is Eddie Veder????

luckyzmom said...

Getting to know you a little more is nice. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

#7-me too.

Ms. Skywalker said...

Dear Anonymous,

Are we both talking about the same ankle injury? I'm talking about the one that involved a porch and a pitcher of beer...and I thought that the Verve Pipe tape was a casualty of the pontoon that sank. :)

Becky, Becky, Becky. Pearl Jam, my dear, Pearl Jam.

B said...

I dont think your choice of music is bad. I love 80s music, but definitely not as much as you do.

btw...im still waiting on those dog pics lol

Anonymous said...

Hey, I waffled on tagging you for this silly little meme! I'm incredibly indecisive - so the conversation in my head went something like this - "should I?" "but she's so very talented, this is probably below her" "but maybe she'd like to some light fun and I can learn some silly things about her." So I leaped. And I like Joey too. The 80s were great. Might be cheesy, but I love the Wedding Singer soundtrack.

S said...

Joey. Great song.

And if these memes are good for anything, they're good for giving readers a different slant on you, the blogger.

I also learned to french-braid from a book. ;)

Sarahviz said...

Anna Begins. Wow. One of my most favorites. I had forgotten about that one.

Anonymous said...

Yes, same incident. I did happen to break my ankle when a pitcher of beer was involved. But there was no porch and you were miles away.

What Verve Pipe tape? I've never heard of them.

KC said...

Joey rocks.

In calculus class in high school, when the clock struck 2 pm, I'd start french braiding my hair out of sheer boredom every single day. It became a class joke. I've never excelled at it (french braiding or calculus).

Girlplustwo said...

i love Anna Begins. I so love that song. Dude, if this is lame, then i can't wait to see non-lame.

Anonymous said...

I second Beaner (at least I think that's her), except I don't think I've ever heard that song.